What I Ate: Pasta with Vodka Sauce & Sautéed Kale

As much as I love to cook, sometimes when I get home from work I feel a little lazy and the idea of putting together a composed meal is too stressful to handle. On days like that, the only solution is to make the type of meal where you just throw what you've got into a pan and mix it all up.

In this case, I browned up some sausage bits, threw in a handful of sliced onions and peppers and garlic, added in a little canned tomato sauce, a shot of vodka, a splash of cream, and torn up basil bits. I also chucked in cubes of homemade fresh mozzarella and a palmful of crushed red pepper flakes. This rather haphazard accidental sauce got tossed together with a pound of spaghetti rigate. It wasn't necessarily the most elegant dish in the world but it was warm and delicious which is really all I'm looking for at the end of a 10 hour workday.

Once you scroll down to the bottom of this post, you'll also see a few photos of sauteed kale. Have you ever tried adding a few sliced jalapenos to sauteed kale? It's awesome.

Cheers.

Comments